2022 Social Health Awards
Applications are now closed.
A critical step in the Social Health Awards process each year is industry judging, when healthcare thought leaders and experts convene to review the finalists in each category based on their use of social health, their fit for the award for which they’ve been nominated, and how effectively they engage their online community.
The judging process is a small time commitment that yields a big time impact on the Social Health Awards program and the patient leaders that are celebrated. As a champion of the patient community, Health Union will publicly recognize our judges amongst peers for taking on an important role in the Social Health Awards program.
This year, the Social Health Award winners will be honored alongside industry at the 2022 Fierce Pharma Marketing Awards Ceremony during the Digital Pharma East conference in Philadelphia.
Volunteering as an industry judge means:
- Dedicating just ~1 hour of your time to review inspiring patient leader nominees
- Judging one category virtually, between August 2-8
- Underscoring you and your company’s dedication to patient centricity and trust
Thank you for your interest. Applications are now closed.
Frequently Asked Questions
How are finalists determined?
There are six finalists in each award category. To ensure the integrity of the program, half of the finalists will be determined through endorsement count and half will be selected through the Health Union judging process. Finalists are selected in two ways:
- The top three endorsed nominees within a Social Health Awards category automatically move on as finalists.
- The subsequent three finalists in each category are selected by a first round of patient leader judges. The finalist judging panels are composed of past award winners, foundations, and organizations.
Once the top six finalists in each Social Health Awards category have been selected, we’ll announce the finalists and then move into the final round of judging with healthcare industry thought leaders.
What criteria do judges use when selecting semi-finalists, finalists, and winners?
Judges score nominees on the following criteria:
- Fit for the Award | How well does this person fit the category they are nominated for? For example: if they are nominated for Rookie of the Year, have they only recently started their advocacy journey?
- Use of Social Health | How well does this patient leader use social health for their advocacy? Through social health – the dynamic, real-time action people take to find meaningful connections and share information that impact the health journey – patients find information, connection and validation. Take time to review the nominee’s social channels to get a feel for how they’re conducting their online advocacy. Someone who’s truly embracing social health is active, engaged, and responsive when it comes to meeting community needs. Don’t focus on their audience size, but the creative and innovative ways they’re using social media to impact the lives of patients and caregivers.
- Focus on sharing of information and overall engagement | How well does this patient leader balance sharing of their own content with the sharing of others’ content and information?
What are the requirements to be a healthcare industry judge?
If you work in the healthcare industry and have a passion for patient centricity and engagement, then you are welcome to apply. Our team will contact you if you meet the requirements.
What does the industry judging commitment entail?
Judges spend an average of one hour reviewing the patient leader finalists. All materials are provided by Health Union and judging will be conducted virtually, on your own time, between August 2-8, 2022.
Is there an in-person awards event that I can attend?
Health Union is partnering with Fierce Pharma to celebrate and honor the inaugural Social Health Award winners during the Fierce Pharma Marketing Awards at Digital Pharma East on October 19th. If you are interested in attending, visit the Digital Pharma East website.